would you compromise?

If you lived with in-laws for what ever reason and it wasn't permeant but it was for a year or two and they 80% of the time went against your wishes. Should or would compromise what you want for your child. Example I live with DH grandmother while our Condo sells (UNDER CONTRACT NOW) and have for 1 year and she always knows better than me i told her my 2 1/2 year old doesn't need a cup in bed she's trying to potty train and she started the habit anyways she never asked for one prier but when i got to work DD is in bed nodding off and me and DH come home she's asleep with a cup and wet pull up if she doesn't have a drink right before bed and uses potty like she did she doesn't wet. When confronted she said she didn't know she couldn't DH said I've told before potty training and after we started NO NIGHT CUP! There are MANY other things just like that and happen daily. DH family says we need to compromise because she is helping

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 10:20 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Some things you should, but this is not one of them. Compromising on what she eats for dinner b/c grandma is willing to cook is one thing. Compromising on trying to potty train your daughter is ridiculous. You and your hubby need to stand your ground and you also need to take grandma off to the side when your daughter isn't around, and tell her that she needs to stop putting your daughter in the middle of grown-up discussions by arguing in front of her. Tell her if she has a problem with you or hubby or the way you are raising your daughter, she needs to discuss it with you privately. And I'd find somewhere else to live and get out of there as quickly as I could. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:39 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• You only need help as far as a place to stay, you didn't ask for help in rearing your child. I wouldn't compromise. Living with someone other than your husband, doesn't give them the right to start telling you how to care for your children. Now if there was something going on that was harmful I would understand inteference, but to me its just a catalyst to add drama for no reason. This is jmo, but I don't think you should compromise, and ask your husband to be more alert and objective. Have him assist and keep people in their place.
    pebbleschild

Answer by pebbleschild at 10:24 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• us out by letting us live there and when we tell her to stopping going against us it hurts her feelings. I feel it's my kid i choice her raising and don't need to compromise to help her feel better and make my DD not see me as a parent cause granny argues her case in-front of DD and DD repeats things granny says
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 10:25 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Most definitely finding new place asap for multiple reasons but I am on the edge everyday due to this
    amommy2a2yrold

Answer by amommy2a2yrold at 10:45 AM on Jun. 12, 2009