Anyone ever sell anything on Ebay?

I'm trying it out. Still new to it though. But, I don't get what it means when someone is "watching" my item. My other question is what if my item donesn't sell? Does it stay on there? Do I still have to pay the seller fees even if it didn't sell? And one more...Do bidders wait till the last minute to make bids?

Help and any ideas regarding this will be helpful. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ebay is such a scam. Use Craigslist.

lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:31 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• you do have to pay a list fee if it doesn't sell.. which is usualy like .10 nothing major.. when someone is watching your item, it means they have saved it and are waiting for closer to the auction end time to see how high the cost is at that time. I do it frequently.. if your itemdoesn't sell.. no, it doesn't stay on there.. you have an auction end time.. usually 7-10 days..but i think you can set it as little as 3 days.. if you have any other ?'s just let me know :) I do sell on there.;. Vera Bradley and kids clothes etc.. I make baby wipes case, binky leashes and little girl hairbows. .:) good luck!
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 10:42 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Someone watching it means just that they are watching it so they can most of the time bid on it at the last minute. Some watch it to see if they want it or have the money to bu it. If it doesn't sell they let you re list it for free.. But if you do not re list it you still have ot pay the fees. If re listing and still doesn't sell you still do have to pay the fees. Yes some do wait till the last the last minute. It is called shill bidding. They even have sites that watch the item they want for them and they out in a certain amount for the site to bid on the item. It automatically bids up to that amount for them. It is alot faster then doing it by hand. There is a fee for these sites and only serious ebayers join them.

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 10:45 AM on Jun. 12, 2009