Is anyone's child on Lactose-free formula?

My daughter is 2 months old and I just recently put her on Similac Sensitive due to spitting up a lot, constipation, and too much gas. She does so much better on it and is such a happy baby now.

sweetmissy_05

Asked by sweetmissy_05 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No, my son is on Nutramigen. He did horribly on breastmilk, similac and isomil. He has reacted to a LOT of foods though.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 4:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My son was on Simalac Isomile soy.
    If she is spitting up alot you could
    try the bottles with the bags. I used
    those on my son. It reduces gas and air
    in the belly!
    IfLoveWasBorn

Answer by IfLoveWasBorn at 4:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My son is on Enfamil Prosobee, which is soy. It really helped his tummy problems.
    Karistie81

Answer by Karistie81 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yeah- we used Enfamil Lacto-free until about 2 months ago- when we switched him over to the Enfamil Next Step w/ lipil. he had a lot of problems with gas and spitting up ( and i mean LOTS of spit up at a time- like a fountain) when he was younger and those problems were soooo much more mild when we made the switch to the lacto-free.
    brighteyes07

Answer by brighteyes07 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

brighteyes07

• My daughter has been on LactoFree Enfamil since day one. She has never had a problem with spitting up or constipation but she did have gas when she was younger. She is now almost 11 months old and is still doing great.
    pcricket1008

Answer by pcricket1008 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• To IfLoveWas Born, I actually did make the switch to the Playtex Dropin bottles and she has been doing wonderfully on them....she still spits up a bit but otherwise she's not fussy or gassy anymore.
    sweetmissy_05

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 7:27 PM on Jun. 21, 2008