Does it really take 30 minutes for some babies to finish a bottle?

I read this yesterday..people saying it took thirty minutes for their baby to finish their bottle. My son would kill a bottle in 2 minutes or less...I know he was weird. I worked at a daycare forever and kids there took 10 minutes at the most...but, 30? really? And, he took it every 4 hours. I also read that some kids take a bottle every 2 hours...So, if your child takes thirty minnues every two hours to eat....They are almost taking the same times as a breat feeder...How interesting. I was just curious after reading this. I knew my son was different than most, but, I wasn't aware he was that different.

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 10:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My twins often took 20 - 30 minutes with a bottle, but that was quicker than nursing which often took 45 minutes or longer.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:40 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• It's possible. Both of my boys would finish a bottle in under 5 minutes, but my youngest daughter was kind of lazy in her eating (and still is). She'd drink slow and then fall asleep, wake up and eat and just kind of enjoy it all. I'm sure it's just a part of their individual personalities.
    bdotmom

Answer by bdotmom at 10:40 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• My son literally drank his so fast that when he got to the end and broke sucktion, the bottle would make a loud POP noise....It was insanly fast. Seriously under two minutes. I guess I should be happy then... I did nurse him for a month...I stopped because he would nurse actively for two hopurs straight and sleep for thirty minues, then be back up for another two hour feeding. I was happy when he went to bottles...A quick feed and a content for four hour baby then.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:43 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• DD always took forever for a bottle but I kept her on the slow flow nipples since I was BFing. She also never took more than 4oz at at ime.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I breastfeed, but when I give my daughter a bottle of milk it takes about 20 minutes, sometimes longer if she's being lazy.
    She eats around 5oz at a time
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 11:36 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Yes, it does.
    Anonymous