How do you know if your leaking amniotic fluid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You go to your doctor and have it checked, because they can do tests and get you on the right track for having the baby if it's time, or getting you so you can bake the kid for a little longer.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 11:00 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• you dont really know until you go to the doc or the hospital. I know my doc uses little strips that they put down below and wipe it against you to see if your water broke or anything....you might want to get that checked
    Goingthruitall

Answer by Goingthruitall at 11:06 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• If you can feel more fluid coming out when you lie down and less when standing then it is more than likely amnionic fluid. Get to your doc or hospital to have them do a test if you seriously suspect that it's amnionic fluid, and if so it's very crucial to your baby's life, you will need to be on antibiotics and bedrest. My water started leaking at 23 weeks and people kept telling me it probably wasn't amnionic fluid...that it was just discharge...even the nurse at the hospital...until she checked with the paper strip test. I was put on hospital bedrest and antibiotics and didn't have my baby till between 28-29 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2009