What is with all the Catholic( and Mary) criticism lately?

I understand that many protestant religions broke off the Catholic Church. Most the leaders that started the other churches were mad Catholics and therefore a line of anti Catholicisms runs through their religion but why care so much? You don't like the religion good don't be Catholic. Why can't you just practice your own relgion and let the Catholics worry about building their own little hell fire? Catholics think of Mary as chosen by God and respect her, not worship as God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit but still respect here. Why don't you worry about your religion and let the Catholics worry about Mary? did the pope say something to peeve you off in the last day or so?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• well then read againi sabrina because when many of the Catholics start getting mad the line was crossed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• "Why can't you just practice your own religion and let the Catholics worry about building their own little hell fire? "

Oh... that question could be asked about Christianity as a whole involving all other religions and non-religions.

I doth detect hypocrisies again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• LOL, good question, good points. I think some of it just comes from not understanding. And I do think a lot of it has to do with others believing that their beliefs are "right" above all others, which really they would have to to even be a part of their Faith. But yeah, there does seem to be a lot of bashing as opposed to questioning and really wanting to understand.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I haven't actually seen much extra critism lately... While there have been some Catholic based discussions they have not all be negative or at least not more than normal...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:08 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• anon:06 how do you know I am even Christian or even Catholic for that matter. I am just sick of all these Mary questions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I said I see no more than usual. I have been reading over the questions and the comments. While some could be taken that way most could not. Most of the posts are actual questions or discussions not criticism. Just because someone has a different view doesn't mean they are citisising. Why is it that others can't post their opinions without someone getting upset... Get a thicker skin... Oh, and from where I sit, the Catholics are always mad... Apparently the line gets crossed when the alarm goes off it that's your argument.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:28 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Post away sabrian. I did not say "others can't post their opinions but you are obviously in an debatable mood that is fine. But I am not debating. I asked a question, you cannot answer it so you say my opinion is wrong. Good for you, you have every right to feel my opinion is wrong just as I feel you want to go beyond debating and argue. I hope someone will start to debate with you. Who knows, someone might even come in here and attack me so you can have even more fun. You day might be fulfilled. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I think because the Catholic religion is so misunderstood, and to non-Catholics it seems a little mystical and strange, people are going to ask questions.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2009