Formula

DO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE MY DAUGHTER'S FORMULA IF IT MAKES HER CONSTIPATED, EVEN THO THE DOC SAID TO GIVE HER PRUNE JUICE AND I FEEL LIKE HE DOESN'T WANT TO CHANGE IT?

ILUVMYFATGURL

Asked by ILUVMYFATGURL at 11:05 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you could try it...but I would stick with what the doc says. It might be too much for her stomach to handle the change. maybe give her one bottle or the one that you use now and the next time give her another one that helps with her stomach and see what happens. but always ask your doc about it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• yea i changed it, i went to a soy formula, i was breastfeeding i just chose a formula nd it made him constipated so i changed to a diff one without even talkin 2 the dr, when i went to see her she said it was fine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Yes your the mommy and it's your child so do whatever you choose to. I have used enfamil gentalease fussness and gas. Try that and see what happens. For the constiption give her a 1/2 teaspoon of kero syrup and i promise you she will poop.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 11:16 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Oh sorry put it in her bottle and give it 6 hours
    raemommy

• You have the right to do anything you want with your daughter. I recently had the same problem. My daughter started out on regular enfamil lipil and she was really fussy, gassy, and would vomit up entire bottles atleast twice a day. So I decided to put her on enfamil's nutramigin..the formula tastes so gross and is so expensive($25 for a small can of powder)...it's double the price of the lipil formula. She did great on the formula but I spoke with her pedi about it and asked if they had a similar formula that did not cost as much and she suggested putting her on a soy formula so I decided to put her on similac isomil advance and she was constipated for a few days and I was worried but i told myself if she is still constipated off and on after 2 weeks then I would put her back on nutramigin. She is no longer constipated and a very very happy baby.
    Mommy2Ava3509

Answer by Mommy2Ava3509 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 12, 2009