THIS IS NOT HATE??

I STAND CORRECTED IN BREAKING ONE OF CM RULES BY MENTIONING A MEMBER OF CM IN MY LAST QUESTION. THIS QUESTION COMES ABOUT MANY A COMMENTS FROM CHRISTIANS THAT SAY JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS ON THE SUBJECT OF GAYS DOESN'T MEAN THEY HATE. ALTHOUGH THIS MIGHT APPLY TO SOME CHRISTIANS, TO THE MOST FERVOR BELEIVERS IT DOESN'T. I AM THE PERFECT EXAMPLE, I AM NOT GAY BUT I DO DEFEND THEM BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER IS ONE OF THEM, BUT EVEN IF SHE WASN'T MY PLIGHT WOULD STILL BE THE SAME. I HAVE BEEN ATTACKED NUMEROUS TIMES THROUGH MESSAGES (COUNTLESS ONES) AND THROUGH MY JOURNALS, ONE OF WHICH WAS MY DAUGHTERS GAY WEDDING. I DO EXPECT FOR PEOPLE TO STATE THEIR OPPOSING VIEWS BUT I DON'T ACCEPT IT IN HATEFUL WAYS, THE THING IS THAT MOST OF THE BIBLE THUMPERS THAT CONSTANTLY QUOTE AND LIVE BY THE BIBLE, DAILY DEVOTIONALS ETC, ARE THE MOST HATEFUL ONES. IF THIS IS NOT HATE WHAT IS?

Asked by older at 11:31 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Oh that is hate big time. Whats more is people using their relationship with Jesus to vilify their hate.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:36 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Again, as I answered in your other post, you need to be the bigger person and move on. You can't control others and it doesn't really matter how they justify their hate or not. You need to be able to hold your head high and get past it. Lead by example. They will only have two choices, to continue to spread hate and be hated themselves or to realize how they are hurting others and change...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:36 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I understand Olders frustration. It is hard, very hard to not defend your child when they are being hurt. When they are being treated as less than the next person. I am sure if anyone on here had a child that was being hurt they would get angry every now and then as well
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:38 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• SABRINAMBOWEN, I DO HOLD MY HEAD UP HIGH, NOTHING THESE WOMEN CAN SAY COULD MAKE ANY OTHER WAY, AS A MATTER OF FACT THEIR DISPLAY ONLY MAKES MY PLIGHT STRONGER. I DO MOVE ON , BUT WHEN I READ WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT NOT HATING HAVING NOTHING TO DO WITH THEIR OPINION, IT INFURIATES ME BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN THE RECEPIENT OF SUCH HATE, ONLY BY SUPPORTING.

Answer by older at 11:40 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I'm all for her anger, I understand it myself. But my point was, these people are bullies. No matter if they hide behind Jesus or not, that's what they are. IF you ignore them and don't openly let it affect you they can't hurt you. Be proud of who you are and proud of who your daughter is. Don't show your pain because the only people they are really hurting is themselves. They are openly spouting hate which will never gain respect or trust from anyone, so they are in effect alienating themselves and they are allowing thier personal hate toward someone reflect on their religious beliefs. I can not imagine that Jesus would ever post a hateful remark even if it was about something he didn't agree with. So doing so in his name discraces that name along with their own... Double Karma Wammy - on them! Don't let it get to you, or you let them win.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:43 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• does the cafemom community rag week last a fulll 7 days or just 5?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• SABRINAMBOWEN, THEY CAN'T HURT ME, THEY ARE ONLY A FRACTION OF WHAT I ENDURE ON A DAILY BASIS. I COULDN'T BE PROUDER THAN I ALREADY AM BELEIVE ME. THE POINT HERE BEING THAT ON TOP OF BEING HATEFUL THEY ARE LIARS TOO, IN THE NAME OF JESUS.

Answer by older at 11:47 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

Until the Rapture, apparently. Then we can all be done with the hate when they go to "heaven"
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:48 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• its hate. its rude & wrong. sadly, those kinda Christians don't realize that they are doing more to negate their cause (of keeping marriage hetero only) than promote it. they are not intelligent enough to walk away from things they dont believe in & feel it is their "duty" to inform you of your "sins"...as if they were God.

its not hate to disagree. it is hate to condemn another person & cause them pain just cause they are "wrong". older, im sorry you have been attacked by Christians, for some reason not all of us Christians agree that you should live in love like Christ, but prefer hateful attacking.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:49 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• NP dont pretend you or other non Christians haven't been adding to the rag fest going on the last two days. Love how you are able to lump it all as Christians.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 12, 2009