Violent Work Behavior

I work at a grocery store where the owner appointed a store manager who is less than professional. When ever the owner is out the manger feels the need to yell and curse at us when ever she does something wrong. I had to take a leave last year while I was pregnant because it was a very violent place to work. What can I do about this legally.

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 11:43 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• record her and tell the owner about it first, if he doesn't know this is going on, he might not like it and want to change things or maybe even bring it to an attorney if the owner doesn't care.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:47 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i know in boston there is the labor board...its called reverce insabordination...(sp)we also have a 1-800 number we can call.i bet you have a labor board...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 11:51 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Report her to her superior and get it in writing that you reported it. If nothing is done then go over their head (if possible) and if still nothing is done then get a lawyer. If you had to take leave because of it and that is documented as to why you left then you definitely ahve grounds to sue for those unpaid wages and hardship!
    Anonymous

• Document every incident. Is there a corporate HR office? If so, contact them.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:12 AM on Jun. 13, 2009