What do you wish you would have put on your registry....

and what do you suggest for a first time mom to put on her registry?
I went to register yesterday and feel like I may have missed so much and then I would look at things and say wow is that something you really might need!? Help!!! Thank you

VanessaCalhoun

Asked by VanessaCalhoun at 11:45 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Shopping

• diaper bag
    swing
    pack n play
    stroller/ carrier carseat
    crib sheets/ bassinet sheets
    baby monitor
    digital thermometor
    blackets
    burp cloths/ bibs
    teething rings
    bathroom kit ( tylenol, nail clippers, diaper rash cream, shampoo)
    diaper pail & refill bags
    newborn wipes
    baby sling ( not a carrier)
    gowns/onsies
    mobile(s) good to switch out to keep intrest

I didn't add any other clothes for 2 reasons. 1# people buy them anyway, plus you won't always like everyones taste and #2 you and the newborn won't be worried about getting out of PJ's everyday anyway. So much harder to change a diaper every hour with "cute" outfits on all the time. The gowns are great fot that. LOL If you ask for clothes= get 3-6 month & 6-9months. They grow through those sizes fast.
    GL and Congrats!
    Anonymous

• hmm.. that's a good question. i got almost everything i asked for on mine and really didn't have to buy much after she was born. the best things to put on it are clothes, bottles, toys, blankies, passies, bottle cleaning necessities, bath stuff, and for your more immediate family members you can put stuff like a stroller, pack-n-play, swing, bouncer, etc. the only thing that i really didn't get were bigger clothes because nobody expected me to have a huge baby lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• The only clothes I put on mine were onesies and those swaddle sleeper things. I'm having a girl, so I got a ton of clothes for the baby shower and my stepmom keeps going to yard sales and picking up clothes. So we are set until she is in the 9-12 month clothes. We have 4 things in that size. LOL! She said she is still going to the yard sales so I told her we're in need of summer clothes in that size. Otherwise, I pretty much put the stuff that the PP said. I didn't put a stroller on ours though because we got it at a store that we didn't register for and we used money that we got during the shower for it. I'm planning on breast feeding so I didn't put a lot of bottles and put breast feeding supplies like a pump, storage bags, and nursing pads. I'm also going to cloth diaper so I put those on there, too. I also put a wrap on there. I only put a few toys and figured people would get toys anyway.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Also, my MIL came to visit a few weeks before the shower and she checked out our registry and then we went to Babies R Us and she had me add a few more things she thought we'd need. Like crib mattress covers. She's making sheets or else she would have had me add more of those, too. She's making burp cloths, too, or else I would have a lot of burp cloths or those flat cloth diapers on there, too. I've been told the flat cloth diapers are great burp cloths.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Would not have one, did not expect gifts...

Answer by rkoloms at 10:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• diapers and wipes in all sizes. You will always need those. A few little things I liked was a bathtub thermometer , pacifiers, (it;s no fun having to run out in the middle of the night because you can't find a pluggy) a pad for the bathtub, an ear thermometer, baby nail clippers, a mobile(preferably one with black red and white graphics)formula if you plan on using it, it gets pretty expensive. Think practical. Do you really need the wipe warmer? Oh and the Diaper Genie in indispensable.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:22 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• You can register to win a dream baby giveaway here http://www.cjkidz.com/babyresourcepage.html  to add all the things you forgot! 

Head Support Boppy

momjs

Answer by momjs at 6:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I do wish I had added a personalized plush baby blanket with her name and birth date on it. What a lifetime blanket to keep forever!

meliash

Answer by meliash at 6:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Things you can't afford to buy yourself. I put high end stuff and got quite a bit. Our budget was tight then, so I wouldn't have gotten really nice stuff without others giving it to us.
    toomanypoodles

Answer by toomanypoodles at 7:17 AM on Jun. 16, 2009