Why??

Why do me and my husband have toast for dinner, and wash our hair with dishsoap? And why does my husband have to walk 30minutes to and from work 6 days a week, while people on welfare get to have barbeque dinners and drive nice cars?
This is retarded.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Oh STFU
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Some people know how to work the system. I never learned how. When I was on PA for a brief time due to leaving abusive 1st husband and having baby, the welfare worker said I would get $50.00 more a month if I did not speak english. Huh? My pride forced me to find a job and struggle to make it on my own.
    Anonymous

• I work my butt off and so does my husband, maybe you should try it. Just because we qualify for a little help doens't mean we are any better off than you. We car pool, deny and cut just like you. The difference is we are willing to take a little help. Get your head out of your ass!
    Anonymous

• This is retarded.

and THIS is offensive
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• This is not offensive and I have gone to people's houses who are on PA. We have numerous tenants who are (and I know how much they get too since they have to tell me to get the apartment in the first place). When I walk in and see a case of beer and smell pot it really pisses me off and then they have the nerve to tell me they don't have the money to pay the rent that month!!!! When I see bags of fast food in their garbage cans and pizza boxes everywhere it really pisses me off. We DO NOT qaulify, but would definitely take the help if we did. We did qualify before and did take it. I am in no way saying everyone on PA does this because well we were on it at one time ourselves and certainly did not do it. When I applied the lady was thrilled and told me I am the type of person she likes to deal with because she knows we are doing it temporarily like it is intended to be!
    Anonymous

• Uh we do work our butts off, i have a new baby and my husband works fulltime so we don't qualify for welfare.
    And I am talking about my neoughbours who I know are on welfare because they told me they were! And last night we had toast for dinner, and we could see them in their yard having barbequed chicken!
    Also they drive a Jeep Liberty.

I just don't think it's fair that people get welfare and have a better life than me. It makes no sense.
    Anonymous

• Why don't you do without your internet and eat something better then toast. OR

Why don't you use your interent to research jobs for you. OR

Why don't you use your internet to research PA. OR

Why don't you use your internet to attend online school....OR

Why don't your husband find someone from work and carpool. OR

Why doesn't your husband get a bike and ride it to work....OR

Why don't you grow up and realize that life is tough for everyone and that your narrow-mindedness is showing that you know jack about PA and the people that are on it. Grow up! Yeah being a adult sucks sometimes, but suck it up, get over the "pity-party" and do what adults do- which is whatever they haev to to get ahead.
    Anonymous

• You are not living right Hon. Get a better job, or quit and go on welfare! (HA HA) Anyway, you are not talking full fledged welfare.. you are talking food stamps. If you want to get food stamps, go ahead.

In the end Hon, it doesn't really matter, just do what you feel is right and eat what you want.

It's not up to you to make decisions. Life is not fair. And why are you making your husband walk to work 6 days a week?? That's just wrong.
    Anonymous

• We do usually have enough, this week was weird because he switched jobs and didn't get paid like usual.
    He walks because like I said, we don't have a car. He starts at 6am and the buses don't start till 7.
    He only works with 3 other men and doesn't feel like mooching rides.
    also we are in Canada, so it's not food stamps. it's welfare, and they don't work at all.
    It just bothers me that my neighbours don't work and have it so easy
    I'm not working because like I said I'm from Canada, and I get a longer maternity leave than Americans. I don't feel like sticking my daughter in day care to let someone else raise her. Plus I breastfeed and can't pump enough for her to have a days worth everyday.
    Anonymous

• I haven't read all of the responses- but generally speaking poor people tend to have poor ways. They are probably using pay day loans and credit cards. Almost anyone can look good for a brief period of time before the credit card companies come crashing down on them.

BTW look up coupons for suave. My neighbor just got several bottles for 14 cents a piece.

Anonymous