i have depression and anxity can i get ssi?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Health

• why don't you get therapy, counseling and medications?
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• me too. Yet I still work.
    Anonymous

• I would think if you sit around doing nothing that you might get even more depressed and anxious. I think there are some meds available that have proven to really help people.
    MACY7108

Answer by MACY7108 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• It is possible but you will have to prove that the depression and anxiety are so severe that you cannot work. You may also have to prove that treatments don't work. You maybe able to get temporary disability if you need it to get by while you are in treatment or retraining for a job that will cause less anxiety.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Yes, you can, but you have to have statements from two or more doctors stating that your depression and anxiety are so severe even with medication that you are unable to work. Even then it's a crap shoot whether or not you'll be approved for disability.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Try to run!!! Exercise helps with anxiety and depression!!! I know when I am anxious I try to keep busy..The worst thing for me to do is just sit still!
    kaleigh08

Answer by kaleigh08 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• You probably can but thats a waste of my tax dollars. get medication.. go to therapy
    Anonymous

• Answered at 2:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Anonymous
    You probably can but thats a waste of my tax dollars. get medication.. go to therapy

Aren't you a doll? Will you be my Mommy Dearest?
    Anonymous

• I don't think so, those I do know on it are people with disabilities that prevent them from functioning normal lives where they can't do and function on their own. You can if you don't have insurance get state insurance which will pay for the proper medication and proper therapy treatment, which is what you're in need of.

People function all the time with medical anxiety and depression... my husband and a few of his family members being a few examples. It's also very treatable even w/o pills and medication if you're willing to alter your life; it takes more stress and time to change your life around to where you're not under so much stress or things that can trigger depression and stress, but it’s worth the effort.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 4:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2009