Who is your favorite saint and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Anon :21, actually.,. the really cool part here is you're asking the saints to pray for you, as well. They're at the knee of God, able to talk to him, able to ask for a blessing in your favor - why not ask them to pray for you as well?

But no, I do not have a favorite. I pray to those who meet the need of what I'm asking of God.
    Anonymous

• I don't understand about Saints. Isn't that like worshipping a false god by praying to saints and to anyone other than God?
    Anonymous

• I don't get why catholics pray to saints either. We are to pray to God the Father, God the Son (Jesus) and God the Holy Spirit.. The bible says Jesus is our intercessor.. not people who have died and are now in heaven. Also the bible says we are not to even speak to the dead. So, please tell me where in the bible it says to pray to them for them to talk to God for us. Again, the only one the bible says is our intercessor is Jesus.
    Anonymous

• I love the catholic saint candles and have some on my altar. My favorite is St. Michael the archangel because he has always been there for me. I don't feel that I engage in "angel worship", especially as an atheist, but I consider him a friend. He is the first angel I've met that has a sense of humor and I have heard him laugh (usually when I request a Publisher's Clearing House win).
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I like Saint Agnes and Saint Francis of Asisi
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• When I was little and went to Catholic school, we were given these comic books and each one featured a different Saint. I remember that I loved the story of St. Rose of Lima. I found that fact that she cut off her hair and damaged her own skin and face because people thought she was beautiful really scary, strange and interesting.

I loved learning about Saints, even though I no longer believe in God, those stories still are with me and I think about them once in a while.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• St Anthony---I would be lost without him (lol)
    livingangle

Answer by livingangle at 1:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I don't believe in saints or praying to them or that they pray for you as well. I have never found any biblical reference saying that this is true. If someone can show me a biblical reference, I will be happy to look at it. Until then, the following is what I believe...

“For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus”. 1 Timothy 2:5

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I'm not Catholic, but I like St Francis, the patron saint of animals. I love animals, so I relate to that. Where I used to live a local church would do animal blessings for one day each year in honour of St Francis... very cool, people brought their dogs and cats and birds and fish and all kinds of animals (someone once brought a llama/alpaca and a goat!) It also helps that my grandfather's name was the Polish version of Francis and my son's middle name is Francis.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 1:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I like St. Catherine of Sienna - she's a doctor of the church because of her writings.

eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 2:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2009