how early can you bring out your baby after birth?

he's 6 days old and we were trying to hold out but we really have to go to walmart!

rkm0731

Asked by rkm0731 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I took her to the store the day I got out of the hospital.

Obviously you want to try to wait as long as possible, but you can't hide in your house for forever.

Go to the store, take your baby with you. Just keep a light blanket over-top of his carseat to discourage strangers from getting too close and trying to touch and he will be fine.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• We took our daughter to church when she was a week old. One trip to Wal mart should be fine. Your kid has already made one trip out - from the hospital to your house.
    For reassurance you can ask your pedi but mine said it was fine. Just minimal activity.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• When you feel comfortable with it, but you can as soon as you want.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 12:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• we did same day
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 12:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I took her the day I got out of the hospital for shopping and the next day we had her pics done. She was a week old but only because I had complications and was in there longer. Next baby who knows since I will have a HB and can take her out immediately if desired.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I went to my brothers college graduation and to the party afterward. I really should have stayed home it was too much. But a trip to walmart should be fine. If you get woozy, make sure to sit down or you could pass out.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I went out 4 days after I got home. then at 6 days I took her to the cafe and had a much needed coffee.
    There's no reason to stay in your house all the time. It's June anyway, not like she'll catch a cold
    :)
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Then go to Walmart silly, lol. We went out after leaving the hospital. If you're very concerned put your baby in a snuggle or a baby carrier and keep him/her covered/close.

Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 1:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i have taken all my kids out the day we got released from the hospital. which they all were either 2 or 3 days old. one you have to go places. you cant confine yourself. and two like any proud parent you might want to show her off to friends/family/co-workers. obviously if anyone wants to hold him make sure they have clean hands. if your that worried, just keep him with you and people will understand. all they will do is sleep while your out and about anyway.
    ACDawgs07

Answer by ACDawgs07 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I think it just depends on you in my family they CONFINE the woman forty days in their homes lol cuz i guess horrible things happen (not tru old wives tale) but my hubby had to run all our errands during my forty days and is wasnt so bad tru sometimes he didnt know wat he was goin for but he asked for help from the associates and they were very helpfu
    Memosmom

Answer by Memosmom at 2:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2009