circumsized

so i haven't completely decided yet about getting my boy circumsized..... did anybody have there boy not circumsized???and what did u think about it?? and

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 12:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My husband is mostly not circumcised. They botched his circumcision and he has done fine. He had one UTI as a teenager which he thinks may have been a combination of not as good of hygiene as he should have been using and hereditary - his mom gets UTI's all the time. I'm sure he cleaned it before but was probably a little more lax about it and then after the UTI was much better about keeping it clean and hasn't had any other problems other than that one time as a teenager.
    Anonymous

• I'm not going to circ. It is really common now to not do it. It is entirely cosmetic, you don't have to do it.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 2:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• My son is intact. He is 11 months old and we have had no issues. I am very glad we researched the topic thoroughly. The circumcision rate is much lower and is wildly recognized as being purely cosmetic.

One of the most important things to remember if you allow your son to remain intact. Never Ever retract his foreskin or allow anyone else to either, not even the doctors.
    The foreskin is firmly attached to the glands (like a fingernail is to the finger)

Early retraction is the reason for the majority of complications.

I am strongly opposed to circumcision, however I think you need to do your own research.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 3:27 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• My son, husband and all the other men in my family are intact! They never had any issues at all, as long as you leave the foreskin alone its easier to take care of an intact penis than a circumcised one.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 9:38 AM on Jun. 15, 2009