feeding my baby makes me sick- literally

ok. please no bashing on a second preg when my first baby is still a baby. i was on birthcontrol. apparently hubby and i are very fertile.
anyhow. my dd is 11 months old. she is still on formula and is supposed to stay on it for 6 more weeks. (4 wks straight formula, 2 weeks transition to whole milk, unless she shows an allergy) i am 11.5 wks preggy. and everytime i make a bottle for her and feed her, it literally makes me throw up, gag excessivly, etc. i can't even cuddle her while i feed her, because if i manage to actually get to that point, without puking, i have to hold her out away from me to feed her. and before you ask, no she will not hold her own bottle- i have tried.

raineslibramom

Asked by raineslibramom at 12:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try giving her a sippy cup when she has formula. Let her play with it and learn and she might just pick it up and drink.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• That a tough one. Let others feed her whenever they're around, even if you need to ask a friend who's over for a visit "would you mind...?"

When you have to feed her turn on your tv to something you enjoy to distract you from the nausea. If you have a favorite tv show rent the dvd's for it and only let yourself watch those when you feed her so you will have a "perk" while feeding her that might help you forget about the nausea.

I'm so sorry, I get so sick while I'm pregnant too and just the littlest things will set me off. A few weeks ago I threw up because a mattress commercial grossed me out (don't ask how!) Hang in there!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I agree with the pp about the sippy cup. As for when your making it did you try plugging your nose? Maybe if you can't smell it you'd do better? Maybe you SO can make some bottles up in the morning and afternoon and put them in the fridge?
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• You could try sucking on a piece of hard candy (like a peppermint or jolly rancher) or chewing some gum while you are preparing her bottle and feeding her. I have no idea if it will work, just an idea.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• hey guys. thank you so much for alll of your advice. i will definitely be trying out these tricks. ya'll are so sweet and supportive. thank you again.
    raineslibramom

Answer by raineslibramom at 8:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2009