Catholics:do you ever get tired of defending the Catholic faith?

I appreciate eringobrough and the other anon Catholics(I understand why you would go anon btw) responding to the false remarks made today and the last few days. Do you ever get tired of it and want to shake the dust from your feet? I am to the point I think no matter how many web links, how many times it is said what pray mean or how many times it is said Catholics don't worship Mary or think of her as God we will continue to be told Catholics worship Mary. I told my kids I know we are on the right path because so many people fear and hate us. You don't stir up that kind of emotion for nothing. One thing I am doing because all that I read in the last few day is putting a statue of Mary, Joseph and Jesus in my front yard. Where do you get them? Walmart?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• shaneagle777, actually I don't feel the need to defend my faith. That is why I said shake the dust from my feet.
    Anonymous

• Lets pretend for one moment that the Catholics are the only ones to have to "defend" their faith. I'm sure that it gets annoying. You know how I know? I have defend my faith from the Catholics...

Feels the the CafeMom crusades half the time around here... Maybe it's time you got some payback!
    Anonymous

• uhm ok anon--never did I say it was ok for anyone to have to defend their faith. I also dont put down your faith (not eve sure what it is) I think you are taking your frustration out on the wrong person. But since you brought it up, why do you keep defending? It seems pointless? why bother? Nobody is going to listen to you anymore than they listen to me.
    Anonymous

• what relgion are you that believes in giving payback and not turn the other cheek or shake the dust or comes back to you in karma?
    Anonymous

• I get tiered of defending my faith to an extent. I don't mind a good debate. I am aware that others feel different that me. What gets annoying is the people that don't just 'not agree', which is fine, it's the ones that just don't understand and spread misinformation. This would go for any faith I'm sure. someone pipes up with what they feel is a clever comment and it's completely off. If you aren't sure why say it?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• One thing I am doing because all that I read in the last few day is putting a statue of Mary, Joseph and Jesus in my front yard. Where do you get them? Walmart?

My grandmother's church had a little store that sold candles and books and things like first communion veils and christening gowns. They had the figures there too. Maybe see if one near you has something like that?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I don't get tired of it. Because, I dare say more often than not, among all of the bashing and hidden insults and "loaded" questions I know that there is somebody, somewhere out there, who is truly curious and wants to understand the Faith better reading right along whether they post or not.
    Anonymous

• NotPanicking, you can order them online...some of them are a tad price though, you might be able to find some cheaper at a store close to you. Maybe try a google search?
    Anonymous

• online is too expensive but i have a statue store around the corner. the walmart part was kind of added as just a joke. Obviously not a good joke though. Like you can get everything from groceries to hair cuts at walmart now days....
    Anonymous

• Of course Catholics are not the only ones defending their faith. But usually I don't mind - I've spent several teachings teaching the Catholic faith and I know not just what the Church teaches, but why as well. And unfortunately too many people (including some Catholics) don't know that.

Sometimes it gets annoying - mainly because I feel like I'm saying the same thing over and over again. But then I realize that not everyone is around the same time I was explaining things before so maybe someone out there will get the message.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 2:00 PM on Jun. 12, 2009