Meat

When did you start feeding your child meat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That was one of the last things I fed them, I think they were around a year old when I introduced them to meat, I didn't wait for any reason, they just never were interested.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I tried at 7 months but she will have nothing to do with it I keep trying everyother day though
    Anonymous

• I was raising my baby vegetarian until the doc did a blood test at her 9 month check up and said that her hemoglobin was getting too low...so I am giving her chicken and turkey a couple times a week. Besides that he said that the babies produce so much blood to the brain and bones before the age of two that it's best to give it to them a couple times a week. So to answer your question, my DD started at 9 months and actually likes it =(....oh well;, I am just trying to do what's best for her....
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• At 9 months. Do your child a favor, though, and don't get those plain pureed meats -- gross! And not just baby food gross, super-duper gross. I've never heard of a baby liking them. The ones that are mixed with sweet potatoes, etc are a little better, but you can also go with very small shreds of cooked chicken, cold cuts (I microwave for a few seconds and them and let them cool) and wild caught fish.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 4:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Mine is 13 (years, not months) and never had meat. Plant based nutrients are better than animal based, both for people and the planet. She never had low iron, or any other nutritional issues. Please contact me if you have any questions.
    Doctors tend to know very little about nutrition, I urge you to do your own research or consult with a nutritionist.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2009