Do you use a maternity pillow or something to make you more comfortable when you're sleeping?

If so how do you like it, and which one do you have? I'm looking in to getting one, but I don't want to spend $40 on something I won't end up using. Any input would be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I just have a regular body pillow I got at walmart for like $10. It works great, and this is the 3rd pregnancy I have use it.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I used the maternity pillow that's from JCPenney. I used it for both of my pregnancies and loved it. A body pillow would probably work just as well.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I'm buying a body pillow. I'm only 6 weeks but I'm trying to prepare myself ahead of time to sleep on my sides. So far it has been very uncomfortable so I put a quit rolled up behind me and lean back.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 1:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• quilt*

youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 1:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I haven't resorted to buying a maternity pillow yet because I don't want to buy one that I will only use for about 3 months or less. We have a ton of pillows because we had a lot of overnight guests last summer so I had stocked up before they arrived. I use three pillows for my head to keep me somewhat elevated as I was having really bad heartburn at night - all day really, but worse at night. My midwife just gave me a prescription for Zantac that seems to really be helping a lot, so tonight I might try going down to two pillows. Then I have one that I put between my knees and then one behind me so that when I end up on my back I am somewhat lopsided and not completely on my back.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:21 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I bought the Boppy Total Body Pillow and LOVED it. I did have a regular body pillow and hated it. I could never get it just right. The Boppy one was the best $45 I spent during my entire pregnancy. I also used it for my next pregnancy.

http://www.target.com/Boppy-Total-Body-Pillow/dp/B000W7GQA4

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 1:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Body pillow for sure..its cheap and wonderful!
    MaMaTreZZa

Answer by MaMaTreZZa at 1:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i use a body pillow, paid 10 bucks for it at walmart, also try laying on your left side
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I use my husband!! Can't get any cheaper then that!!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I use several body pillows...one behind on between my knees and one to cuddle with....i have a boppy as well but i prefer the body pillows
    konnorsmommy09

Answer by konnorsmommy09 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2009