Why is it I am almost 30 and i still care what people think about me????

Lately, I find myself thinking, I would rather not have friends bc then I won't have people judging me and making me feel bad when I say something wrong!!!! Does anyone else feel this way???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Who needs friends for that, when you got FAMILY!!!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i am 50 and still feel like that.but you know what whether you have friends or not people are still going to talk its in there nature.ive only learned lately not to let it bother me.some people could care less what people think of them and some people like us care.you will probly always care...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I think you are just uncomfable with yourself in defferent ways nothing bad about it, and no i am not bashing you. honey people will judge not matter what or who you are, i feel some women think they have to be better then others which really they aren't happy with there selfs too the look is just a cover up almost like makeup. just as long as you are happy being you is what matters cause you are the person that makes you happy and you choose what you want some people just deal and then things happen and there life isn't as pretty as it seems.
    Anonymous

• my husband teases me cuz my friends dont seem as interested in me as his are to him. I say, i dont have time for my friends with two kids and one adult that i still hae to clean up after. my family will be the only ones taking care of me when im old and dying so friends really dont matter.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• If those are the types of friends you have, then you don't have friends.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 1:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I still feel that way occasionally but try not to let it get to me. But it isOKAY to want people to think well of you and worry about what people think. If you didn't care what people think, that would be a bad sign.
    Anonymous

• I cannot imagine why anyone at any age would care what other ppl think of you. You are giving others power over your life. What's the point of that? Live your life for you and not for others and who gives a rat's patoot what others think? That's so limiting to your own personal happiness. Stop cheating yourself. What are they going to do, leave? If so then good riddance to them. Life is made to be lived not to sit and worry about what others think. You don't even know if they are capable of thinking so you are wasting good energy!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2009