Am I spoiling my 3 1/2 month old?

My poor girl suffers extreme gas pains. She wakes up 5-8 times a night whimpering or crying from gas/trying to pass a stool. I see a specialist soon concerning this but because she has such terrible sleeps ( we co-sleep) I let her nap on me all day. She's exclusiely bfstfed, im on elim.diet. Will this routine spoil her and make it impossible for me to put her in her crib later on when this cramping gets dealt with? I just want her to get some rest poor girl.

Liv32

Asked by Liv32 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Wait until she's feeling better to worry about it. You can't "spoil" a 3 1/2 month old.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• No. A baby needing/wanting his or her mother is not spoiling.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 1:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• You can't spoil them this young! By attending to her needs to well you are only teaching her that she lives in a loving caring world and that her mommy will take care of her. She can't even think in terms of cause and effect yet so she doesn't make any associations like you are concerned about. PLUS she is crying with a purpose and she needs her mommy! You're doing a great job! Keep it up :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Like my mom told me : "you can't spoil a child by loving them"
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• OH man - I wonder where all this spoiling comes from. Who's starting that - NO, you can't spoil an infant by holding them, My sil tried telling that to my husband and I read up on it.. Its completely false at this age to spoil them by holding them
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• No, you cannot spoil a baby. You are being a great mommy! You are there for her when she needs you. When the time comes to switch her I recommend "The No-Cry Sleep Solution" By Elizabeth Pantley

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 1:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• no my son sleeps with me you cant spoil a baby all you have to do is when there ready move them to there crib so they dont get used to sleeping with you
    enaNianza

Answer by enaNianza at 2:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• you can't spoil a baby by giving them love and comfort
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Right now you're dealing with an infant, and you're seeking medical help so that she won't be in that pain and won't be in need of you in the way she is now. Your baby is so very young right now, and I don't know any parent that wouldn't do anything to help a baby that age and to ease their pain, keep with the doctors and their suggestions.

I hope your little one gets better soon!
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• my daughter had the same exact issue it was horrid, and she would only sleep if she was lying upward I honestly think its BS that you spoil them by holding them shes in pain. BTW at 3 months they had to so an upper gi on her and she had acid reflux so you may want to see if that is her issue. They have a medication that she will have to take for a few months after trying everything the meication allowed her to eat normaly, sleep and pass gas and poop without issues.
    Hope she feels better. And to move my daughter to her own bed was harder on me than it was on her.
    raurismomma07

Answer by raurismomma07 at 6:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2009