help for mosquito bites and my toddler who is severly allergic

my 23 month old is so allergic to mosquito bites that once he scratches they blister i've tried benadryl cream (hes too young for the pills) and using neosporin and bandaids but as im sure you know bandaids are hard to keep on a toddler longer than 5 seconds i turn my head he pulls them off. i can't use skin so soft on him because it contains carrot oil which he is also allergic too and i worry about putting sprays like off on him both for the chemicals effect and that he isallergic to so many bathing/lotion/skin products. is anyone else going through this have you found anything that works?

volsmomma22

Asked by volsmomma22 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Health

• okay the best remedy is to have him bathe in oatmeal Krogers oatmeal bath treatment...it will help with th itching!!! GL!!
    Anonymous

• How about benedryl liquid for kids? When my son was 2, he was bitten on the feet twice by a fire ant...his feet swelled and I took him to the doc. The doc. told us to give liquid benedryl and rub benedryl cream on them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• ive tried a milk and oatmeal bath a few times and we asked a phamacist about the benadryl and hetold us to only use the cream that he was too young to take it orally since they issued all that stuff for kids and pulled a bunch of the kids cold and allergy meds
    volsmomma22

Answer by volsmomma22 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• OOHHH ok.....well, it was back in 1998 that we had to deal with it, so.....yeah.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• put toothpaste on the bites; it will alleviate the itch. calamine lotion may help, too.
    to prevent bites, we use Buzz Away (by Quantum).
    Before using any body care product, be sure to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org

Answer by rkoloms at 10:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2009