Placenta previa

I am 20 weeks and was just told i have Placenta previa . I am scared and confused. Can ppl share some stories if they had it or know about it. I am on Bed rest and no sex....I am worried

MaMaTreZZa

Asked by MaMaTreZZa at 1:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't stress about it! I was told with my last pregnancy at 20 weeks that I has it...but the next month at my drs appt my placenta had moved on its own bc I took it very easy! At my ob appt I just had on Tuesday they said its looking like I will have it again. Just rest and take it easy! The only thing that will happen if it doesn't move is that you'll stay on bedrest and will have a C-section. GL mama!!
    Svarne

Answer by Svarne at 2:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• hey girlie,
    first of all, just want to make sure that your doc explained exactly what a placenta previa is. it simply means that your placenta developed on top of your cervix as opposed to a different location in your womb.
    placenta previa although a complication is not the end of the world. i had a previa with this pregnancy, i'm having twins so the worry was significant due to the extra pressure of both babies on the placenta. mine resolved, which is possible. although the placenta itself cannot move, your ever stretching uterus does which can result in the pulling of the placenta away from the cervix. the basic "no sex, no lifting, no bending" precautions are for the protection of you and your baby. if you follow your doctors instructions you can carry your baby to full term with no complications. hang in there, i'm sure you will both do great!! :0)
    TWOMUCHFUN09

Answer by TWOMUCHFUN09 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2009