How to Train A Puppy for people in their Late 70's??

My In law's are in their Late 70's?? Their son that lives with them is 43. He got A New Puppy. Well that Puppy is So Rumbuncious! He gets into Everything! A Big Jumper.. Etc... He Takes Everything & destroys it! From Candle holders, Bills, Socks, Magazines Etc... Eats Socks & what not! Her Dish Towels Etc.. Now her Expensive Glasses!! My MIL's life is Awful because of that Dog/Puppy! He's so unmagagable! They've had him since October. He's A lab Mix! Just like the last 3 They had theat were unbearable.... We went from weekly Visiting to only birthdays & Holidays! Mind you We Love Pets! But their Dogs Are Horrible! This Puppy runs the house! We don't think they're up to the Care, Cleaning & all the trouble!! What can Be done? He's so Energetic! My MIL is the Sweestest person in the world! But this Puppy is such A problem. Her son that lives home has A Job & hobbies outside! He laughs at all the puppy's Pranks! Tips?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 1:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pets

• I would start kennel traing the puppy while the son is at work. Also the son should be walking the puppy before and after work. We have an extremely hyper puppy that we have to walk 2 times a day and play in the yard with for at least 20 minutes 3 times a day. Whenever we leave the house the puppy is put in a kennel. If the son won't contribute taking care of his puppy then maybe the dog should be rehomed. Labs need to be excercised and it sounds like your MIL son isn't helping.
    danyle02

Answer by danyle02 at 2:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2009