Stealing?

My friend has a FIVE year old nephew that is stealing money from his mother and grandma. He obvioulsy knows a little of what he is doing considering he is taking the 20's instead of the 1's. He lives in a christian based home and knows the ten commandments and that it is wrong to steal. He gets punshined for his wrong doings, but they don't seem to faze him.Please help!

LaylinNMadisMom

Asked by LaylinNMadisMom at 1:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My personal opinion is he might be doing it for the attention. I mean what can a 5 year old do with money? It's not like he can go to a store by himself and spend it, so he must know he is going to get caught.

I'm thinking this is something completely different than a child stealing money to buy things.
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 1:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Religious does not equal good parenting...

Answer by rkoloms at 4:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Have a look at this link: it might help you. http://life.familyeducation.com/parenting/morality/45313.html?page=1&detoured=1
    TakeNoticeNow

Answer by TakeNoticeNow at 6:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2009