Questions

Even when you see the subject of a question in the title and you know it's a subject you've seen on here many many times or if the person who is asking the question is one you may not share her views and know before clicking on the question that it's a heated topic do you click on it anyway.

Or-

Do you really not even bother?

My reasoning in asking is because I often see people respond to a question in a heated fashion and a subsequent poster will make a comment like: if you don't like the question why are you even bothering to answer?

Be honest do you find yourself baited and click only to find yourself deeply involved?

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• OMg sad...I see that Q and I STILL get drawn in evertime...get irritated as h*ll over it and and think

slapping foreheadWHY did you even open the question!!  LOL

As for the heated ones.... I like to read the responses.  Some of the more intelligent ones have actually made me  think deeper on some issues.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• There are topics I don't even click on. if they're obvious anti-Obama or anti-Bush threads. I usually stay away from the Mommy war topics and things like abortion, death penalty, etc. About the only one that I get sucked into reading are the PA ones. I don't really get upset about them though.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 1:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I'll admit sometimes I do. If it' a question I've seen a million times like "Am I pregnant" I won't even bother clicking. There are some that I click on and take a look but won't answer. Like the gay marriage ones. I have responded to some but not all.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I used to. Then I left CM and came back with the decision to just be even keeled.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 1:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• People can become passionate about what they believe. If I see certain rude people who try to get others angry, I stay away.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Funny, because I've posted questions as ANON and gotten nice responses. Then I've posted under my name and gotten nuttin' but trouble. oh well, guess moms on here are so fair and impartial.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes I do, I just can't resist the temptation to butt heads with people. Sometimes I just move on. I'm usually not even in this section, but I saw a question that was interesting.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I often read the "drama" questions and responses, and don't respond myself. I sometimes think people don't know how to put their thoughts or feelings into words in a way that isn't negative/bashing. If they are passionate about a subject and don't know a correct way to portray their feelings on that topic they tend to bash the opposite view point, instead of making an effort to explain their point of view.

Sometimes...if you squint and turn your head to the side a little, you can make out their view point beneath the trash talk. However there are also the Obvious things that were asked to start trouble... "Trolls" asking crazy things even THEY are against in real life, just to start drama. "Can I give my baby alcohol...etc.." or some other off the wall stuff. They are just really bored people.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 3:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Depends.. if im REALLY sick of it, I wont open it.. No need to beat a dead horse over and over again, right?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 3:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I too like to read the responses, if it is an intelligent post with intelligent responses I may respond, if there is a lot of bashing and childish name calling, then I just move on.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2009