Did you know that having a disability was associated with being low class?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow, guess ignorance is more universal than I thought. One, caring for a disabled person can drain income so much that "middle class" becomes "poor", because the cost of the care is extreme. Two, for the nutcase who thought that those who are so disabled that they require economic assistance, get paid enough, see above; disability care isn't cheap.

But it's people like that, and like the psycho who didn't want her kids mixing with other kids, who perpetuate this sort of stupidity, make it impossible for the economically challenged AND disabled to get ahead, and give humans a bad name overall.
    Morniel

Answer by Morniel at 8:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• news to me! what do you mean by this,serious or sarcastic?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• uh, not .. whoever told you that is full of shit
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• And the basis for this question is? Did you read that somewhere? Did someone make a comment? What? I'm just trying to get more on the reason this question is being posted.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 1:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• How do you figure that??
    KrisOtherMama

Answer by KrisOtherMama at 1:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I have been an advocate with people with different abilities and yes that was the view of many ignorant people in the past. This is why it is important for people to be educated on such things.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Really? Because my husband has diabetes and he is skinny, fit, an executive, and educated. All the things you assume with the "boy next door" and not "low class" (although I am not even sure how you would define "low class", so I guess his description could fit there too).

So, I think that may just be your perception. You should try to change it.
    Anonymous

• writeon thank you I'm sorry If I sounded sarcastic but this was the "thought" in the old days. I was hoping to get the message with this post. I'm sorry that I feel that people only pay attention to these kind of comments. OP
    Anonymous

• Anyone that thinks that is an ignorant asshole.

Disabilities can happen to anyone.
    Anonymous

• The key word is WAS.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 1:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2009