is there ANYTHING i can do about this?

I'm 24 weeks pregnant and insanely tired ALL THE TIME. It's driving me insane.

All I want to do is sleep, I cannot get myself out of bed no matter how long I sleep and how long I rest. My body feels tired all the time and it's just getting ridiculous.

Monday I start a new job and I need this job so bad, but I'm really worried about how I'm gonna be able to deal with it. It's 40 hours a week, I will be on my feet all day.

Is there anything I can do about this tiredness? Anything at all?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Fatigue is the worst part of being pregnant if you ask me... I think you should check with your dr. and see if you should be working fulltime before you start... My job requires me to be on my feet all day and there's lifting involved because I'm 18 weeks my employer cut my hours in half I was upset because I feel fine and need the money. Well my doctor agrees that I shouldn't be on my feet all day. Back to the problem of being tired... and I hope my long boring answer hasn't put you to sleep already lol make sure you are eating well and often! also make sure you get outside for some fresh air and take walks maybe the last thing you want to do right now but it helps. Besides that when you're pooped rest! GL
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 2:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• exersize, diet, hydration and fresh air
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• At 24 weeks of pregnancy your doctor will also order a blood test called a 1 hour glucose tolerance test. It will test you for gestational diabeted as well as anemia which is common in pregnancy at this stage. It may be an underlying factor as to why you are so tired, although as previously mentioned fatigue is a part of pregnancy. If you are anemic your OB will likely prescribe an iron suppliment which will help with some of your fatigue. Good luck and feel well :0)
    TWOMUCHFUN09

Answer by TWOMUCHFUN09 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2009