Do you know anyone that has been 100% confirmed to have the swine flu? and if so where are you from?

There are supposedly over 600 people in my state that have swine flu (Connecticut is a very small state) and I have not even heard of anyone personally having it which makes me wonder if its really true. And if it is I'm kind of scared because I have an infant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Health

• I don't know anyone who's been effected by the Swine flu
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I don't know anyone, but my moms best friends daughter knew someone in her office with the swine flu. She was in Chicago.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Many cases in Washington State including a physician and her whole family but I don't know them. This flu is actually less potent than regular flus...for now. It could change as viruses do. Just remember that the regular flu kills thousands of people each year and the Swine numbers are WAY less....keep an eye on what happens in the S. Hemisphere as it's their winter right now.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• My daughter had (highly probable) H1N1 a couple of weeks ago. It is truly no worse than a typical winter virus. Doctors are no longer testing for it, as it is so widespread. They are only prescribing the anti-viral meds for high risk patients, as the risk of serious side effects outweigh the (relatively) mild flu symptons.
    Treat this like any other virus: lots of fluids, acetominophen or ibuprofen for aches and fevers, lots of peppermint tea (a natural decongestant), make a cough syrup/throat soother with honey (anti-bacterial) and cayenne pepper (anti-inflammatory), Emergen-C are packets of powder that you mix with cold water (loaded with vitamin C, with Bs and zinc for energy). With really bad congestion, you may want to take a benadryl at night and a sudafed (get the real kind, that you have to sign for, but generic is fine) during the day to prevent a sinus infection.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:16 AM on Jun. 13, 2009