WILL IT HURT WHEN THE DENTIST PULLS MY BACK TOOTH?

I WANT TO CHOOSE A DENTIST THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING IN ANY PAIN OR DISCOMFORT.

dcpat

Asked by dcpat at 1:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Health

• it hurts, i got mine done, and it did hurt, they numbed me and everything, but i had a bad infection and he said thats why it hurt so bad, he said when theres an infection it doesnt let the whole area numb up. but they do give you pain relievers when done so that should help, i got vicodin, and i basically just slept for an hour when i took it and i was fine after that.
    Anonymous

• The only thing that hurt was when the novocaine deep into my cheek muscle, where my jaws meet. The rest of the time, all I felt was a little pressure when the impacted tooth was being pulled. The novocaine injections inside my gums were just little pricks, didn't really hurt. I was a really good patient too, that helps a lot for me and the dentist.
    Anonymous

• I had one pulled 5 years ago. I hardly felt it. The gum where the tooth had been was sore afterward, but I really didn't need anything more than Tylenol. I ate a cheeseburger for dinner that night.
    Anonymous

• it will not hurt at all......i hate the dentist...and pulling of the teeth is painless..u will just feel pressure...you will be numb...so you won't feel anything......you will have some discomfort once the medicine wears off.....but as for the actual pulling...NO...don't worry !!!
    dottief13

Answer by dottief13 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I had 26 teeth pulled all at once. I was put out though! I don't do novacaine! I didn't have any pain with my teeth being pulled just a sore jaw from having my mouth propped open for so long I guess!! You will be fine it isn't that bad having just one done!!
    Sassy0876

Answer by Sassy0876 at 3:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• If you are numbed up enough, you won't feel a thing. You may have some soreness after the novacaine wears off and the dentist should give you something for that. The actual pulling won't hurt. My son had 2 teeth pulled and will be having 4 more pulled in a month ( 2 impacted and 2 are just in the way of his permanent teeth coming in.) He had very little pain the first time and not sure what to expect the second time.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2009