Religion Education DVDs...

As I build my library I am adding a great number of religiously educational books and of course websites. But I was wondering if anyone knows of any DVDs that cover things from religious basics to history and/or myth?

I don't care what religion it represents, I want them all...

Thanks in advance!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 2:00 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• There's one on Amazon called "Pillars of Faith - Religions Around the World" I've heard it's really great - they use it in one of the world religions classes at my college.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I have borrowed several from the library lately, lets see... There is that great DVD with Bill Moyers interviewing Joseph Campbell "The Power of Myth," There is a set called "Religions of the World" which has one disk each for Buddhism, Hinduism, Protestantism, Catholocism, and Islam, I haven't watched it yet, but I think it was done by the BBC & I usually like their documentaries. I just started watching "Women and Spirituality; the Goddess Trilogy" it is a little dated (made in the 70s I think) but looks interesting. There is also a 3 disk set called "Journey Into Buddhism" which is both beautiful & infomative. It "journeys" into different areas of the world where Buddhism is prevalent & shows you the country, the people & talks about their particular flavor of Buddhism. I really loved it. That is all I can think of off the top of my head.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Alright nysa - thank you. I will have to check Amazon for them. I wish our Library had that stuff... The closest thing to religion they have is the Veggie Tales.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• have you tried going to the history channel.. they have dvd's about religion... that's about all I can think of other than fictional drama flicks..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Wow that is pretty cool. If you are really interested in the basics of any religion at all, then PM me, and I can send you some links on DVD's and stuff.
    AngelPuff1012

Answer by AngelPuff1012 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 13, 2009