Diabetes check

I'm 24 and I go in today to get checked for gestational diabetes and was wondering if any of you ladies can give me a couple of answers.

1.) Is the drink they give you nasty?
2.) Does it make you feel sick?
3.) Roughly how long does it take?

I'm going alone and want to avoid getting sick to my stomach since I don't react well to liquids because I still have a little bit of morning sickness.
Thank you!

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well it taste like sugar water..didnt make me feel sick it isnt that much liquid but everyones different and for the first test it's 1 hr and if you dont come back normal even just a few points higher they will have you do a 3 hr test... soo you drink it wait an hr they take blood then you go home. the waiting is the worse part.. GL
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 3:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• 24 weeks* sorry
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 2:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• the drink is very sweet....it isn't terrible almost like flat sprite with lots of sugar added. It takes and hour and it can make you feel sick but if you get sick then they just make you come in the next day and do it again.

konnorsmommy09

Answer by konnorsmommy09 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• It depends on how long your doctor asked the test to be.

it can be anywhere from 1 hour to 3.

the drink isn't THAT bad...it can make you nauseous, don't throw up or you will have to do it all over again.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• The drink gave me kind of a buzz, I felt like I was drunk. It didn't taste that bad though.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2009