Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if you have wic in one state would you have in a diff. state

im moving to PA and need to know if i still would be able to get wic when i move anyone know?

Answer Question

Asked by enaNianza at 2:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 12 (752 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • yes, just transfer it

    Answer by admckenzie at 2:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • I'm not 100% sure, but I would think that you need to re-apply in your new state. They may have reciprocity, but I doubt it

    Answer by Harrisonsmommie at 2:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • I believe you need to reapply, but the income levels should still be the same since it is a nationwide program. You really need to be asking your current WIC office this question.

    Answer by aeneva at 2:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • I was told when my grandson went to live with his bd that all he had to do was ask that it be transfered.

    Answer by baconbits at 3:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

  • If you can't afford to feed your children, how can you afford to move?

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.