not eating

the baby i watch wheni get my ss is 4 month old. last night he ate his ceral made with formula and bannas just like his mom said to make...this morning he woke up dh changed him and he was fussy...so i made a fresh bottle for him and all he ate was 4 ounces...is this normal for a baby who is on ceral? he's teething right now...but i have nothing to give him.

rainmommy

Asked by rainmommy at 2:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• very normal! My LO is 6 mo and still only eats about 4 ounces sometimes
    kcriswell

Answer by kcriswell at 2:37 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Sometimes the sucking motion hurts when they're teething, so they'll only eat the bare minimum. I've found a faster flow nipple helps during those periods (if you happen to have one). They don't have to suck as hard.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:15 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Cereal makes babies fuller than regular formula. It doesn't take as much to satisfy the baby especially if the baby is just getting used to the change. As long as the baby is eating and gaining its ok.
    Sarah W.

Answer by Sarah W. at 3:25 AM on Nov. 17, 2011