how do i get him to ..

my husband thinks i should do everything bc im a stay at home mom. like when he gets off he thinks he shouldnt have to help me with anything like cleaning or taking care of our son. he only does when i ask him to. hes a great father , but i wish he would help out a little more. what should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• my husband does the same thing! he goes to work and i stay at home, and i cook and clean and take care of the baby. and when he comes home i just want him to watch our daughter so i can have some sanity time!
    Anonymous

• My cousin and her husband went through this. What she did to get him to finally help out was, one weekend, she told him they were going to to a role reversal that he had to be the stay at home parent, and she'd at like she was the one working. She left him with the kids and went to her moms house for 8 hours, then would come home and act the way he had been doing to her. She finally got him to help out. you could also suggest that he could start being the fulltime stay at home parent and you'll go get a job. they don't realize how how it is to be a SAHM.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I know exactly how you feel...unfortunately for me...it has never changed...I was in the hospital for 3 days once...for the next week he was very helpful and it weaned down to nothing again. Although one night...I got my point across...lol...he used to whine about stuff...this night in particular he was saying this livingroom is a mess...he never said clean it...but he said it several times. Soooo...I immediately stopped what I was doing and started cleaning and refused to stop...everytime he'd ask "What are you doing?" I'd simply reply cleaning this room ...it's a mess. It never comments on how messy something is anymore...lol
    Anonymous

• they should make an entire category of this question since it's asked about a dozen times a day! If he won't then he won't. Talk to him. Tell him you need his help. If not, then accept it or leave.
    Anonymous

• Let the house get a lil messy, then show him ow grabby u can get when you hit your boiling point i did and now my hubby helps cause i won't clean and he looked it and now he knows what i go threw
    Anonymous

• I'm so glad my love cleans.......I'm so glad his mom made him do chores ALL day when he was a child. Had she not, i don't think he would be the neat freak that he is.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I personally, dont want the help I wan thim to relax when he gets off work.... he wakes up early to go make money for the both of us... and all i get to do is sit at home clean cook and play with baby i love it.... dinner is ready when he gets home and he usually eats, showers, then off to bed because of getting up so early, and it doesnt bother me one bit.... however if we both went to work then i would expect both to help out with the home... but the house is my job, no complaints.... if you dont like it go get a job where you are helping pay the bills and see how badly you wish you were still the SAHM
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 4:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• You should accept the fact that this is the life you chose. You are a sahm and can take breaks and naps when ever you want. He works his butt off all day so you can have that privilege. He should be able to come home and relax.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2009