Can you crack an egg consistently?

When you are cooking or baking can you consistently crack an egg without getting any of the shell in what you're making?

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 2:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I can. My grandpa taught me the trick to cracking an egg one handed when I was a kid. It's one of my few talents. =)
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Nope. I usually end up picking out the pieces with a spoon. I've heard that you shouldn't use the egg shell to get the pieces out because salmonella lives on the outside of the shell, not inside, and you can wind up contaminating your dish.

happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 2:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• sure can.
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 2:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• no but im getting better, my husband can crack em and put in wherever with one hand and no shells in the egg.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 2:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Yup.
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 3:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Yep. Never crack the egg on the edge of the bowl or the skillet, always on a flat surface. When you crack it on the edge of the bowl or skillet, it pushes tiny pieces up into the egg and it ends up in the bowl and sometimes breaks the yolk.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Yup, and with one hand, learned that one in home ec yrs and yrs ago.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2009