Hello! I was wanting to know if there is anyone out there that was pregnant while getting a divorce from the father? Plus, then we got married I moved to his state TN and once divorced I will be moving back to AL. My real questions is do we go by, the state of conception or the birth state?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• birth state probably! i was concieved in NY but born in TN
    Anonymous

• I don't think it matters. It is usually the state where the parents have residency. But if you have this baby before the divorce is final, you might not be allowed to move back. Some states have restrictions on where you can move unless the father agreess. I would definitely check that out before you make too many plans. PM me if you need to talk.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• RESIDENCY, the birth has nothing to do with anything. It's about where you live.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• The birth certificate will say were the baby was born.If you gave birth in AL,, it will say AL

Answer by louise2 at 2:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I live in Alabama and went through a divorce when I was 5 months pregnant. Things go by state and county of birth, where the MOTHER resides. Though any divorce papers would be where both of you resided together. Feel free to PM me with any questions. :)
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 3:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2009