Im 39 weeks and 1d pregnant. I am just barely seeing a little of my colostrum coming through, but it is so little. I have to keep squeezin my breast to get just a little out. After birth will the colostrum come out more heavily or will i get the same small amount that im getting to come out now...? I just hope that im able to breast feed! Help please...

I can only get the colostrum to come out after taking a shower. If i dont take a shower it is much more difficult to get any at all to come out....

sugalove20

Asked by sugalove20 at 3:08 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No worries, your body will produce what it needs to do to feed your baby. Actually with my second pregnancy, my breasts started spouting colostrum during delivery. Besides babies don't really need a lot of food those first few days, they still have reserves from mom and they get enough from the colostrum they get.

:) Good luck to you and you LO to come.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• relax, colostrum is normal and it probably will still be colostrum after the baby is born. i breastfed my 1st daughter and it took a couple days for my milk to become a steady flow instead of colostrum, and when you feed your baby for the first time it probably will only be colostrum which is really good for the baby.
    Anonymous

• it doesnt matter how much comes out while you are pregnant, mine was like that too and i have a REALLY REALLY good milk flow!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Don't worry about it! I didn't have any colostrum come out while I was pregnant and I produced enough milk to feed 2 babies!!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 3:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• it will increase after a couple days and then your milk will come in, and whoa thats painful i got like 8oz everytime i pumped
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• if your worried about it you could start pumping to increase the amount. I had to pump because i had a breast infection while pregnant. But when like previous post have said, the first few days the baby doesn't need as much so its not that big of a deal. your body will produce enough for your son. Ways to increase your supply when you get your milk, if your son/daughter doesn't eat every 2 hours, pump inbetween feedings. When i finally got my milk in i would get 16-24oz every time i pumped, and he was only eating maybe 4 oz of that per feeding, so i froze alot of it.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• thanks you guys, you guys were great help! i was sooo nervous about that
    sugalove20

Answer by sugalove20 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2009