Is it normal for your C-section incision to be numb?

I had my first C-section 2 months ago and I have noticed that my incision is really numb to the touch....just wondering if this is normal.

Asked by sweetmissy_05 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Health

• It's normal for ALL incisions to be numb at least for a while.

Answer by suzannekk at 4:29 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Actually your c-section scar may remain permenently numb. Your nerves have been cut in the incision proces. I have areas around my scar that have remanined numb.

Answer by mishmish at 4:37 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yes, it was 6+ months before I got feeling back in areas of my abdomen at all, and some areas on and around my scar remain numb to this day (16 months out.)

Answer by Maisy19 at 4:45 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• It has been 8+ years since my c-section and I have no feeling around that area at all.

Answer by momwillandturn at 6:05 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Same here, its been almost 11 yrs for me and I have no feeling around the area at all either.

Answer by DeAnna73 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Mine C-section was 61/2 years ago and still is numb but only a thinner line not as thick.

Answer by teamhalsey at 10:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yes it is totally normal. Mine was totally numb until about 4 months after the C-section when feeling started to return. I still have some numb spots but I don't notice them like I did at first.

Answer by rasbneon at 2:14 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have itching from the inside where my c-section was preformed. And numb spots. I had mine 16 years ago. I do think it's normal. It's not a constant thing barely notice it, some days are better than others.

Answer by carmelsugamama at 3:52 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Yes, the area below mine was numb for 4 years

Answer by Pauline3283 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• i had two c sections and it seems like mine is more numb now than before and it has been 15 months since the birth. the numdness seems to come and go though. i did talk with my doctor and he said everything was fine after he did an exam so maybe run it by your dr. just my suggestion.

Answer by scs3 at 10:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2008