recycling do u and your family do it

I am a manager of a very large mobilehome park and we are thinking of putting recycling bins out here I am just courious how many people do recycle. If so what do you recycle thank u for your input

mom2fivekids579

Asked by mom2fivekids579 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would recycle soda and beer cans
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I recycle and i recycle everything there is to recycle. it's part of the city garbage service where i live so i just put anything plastic, paper or glass into the blue bin.
    but i'm "radical" as my mom said. i also do composting and other crazy left winged things to help conserve energy.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• YES!! Our recycled things are also picked up by our local garbage company. I recycle everything that I possible can. We usually have 3 bins full at the end of the week!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 3:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• We have two days for trash pickup.

One day is for regular trash, junk.

One day is for recycled trash - paper, cans, plastic. The city picks it all up together - no need to seperate it. They do that later.

It's worked out wonderfully here. It's really neat to see just how much of our "trash" can be recycled. We have more of it than we do of the regular trash.
    happy1mom

Answer by happy1mom at 3:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• We recycle so much...way more than we throw away. We recycle all paper, newspapers, magazines/catalogs, cardboard, all plastic and glass containers. We also compost. Our garbage company picks up garbage 1x per week and for a small additional charge they pick up recycling 2x per month, otherwise we'd take it to the recycling center ourselves.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• We recycle paper, cans, glass containers, and plastic containers. Also motor oil from when my husband changes the oil in the cars. I'd like to recycle more plastic, but our collector only takes #1 and #2 plastic. When we are on vacation and the place we are staying provides recycling containers, we do use them- paper, cans, glass and plastic containers.

Answer by Bmat at 3:23 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• We do and I was never so glad that our community started that program. We used to have to haul it to a grocery store parking lot, now it is curb side. I am amazed at how little trash we now have due to recycling. I think you should start the program! Everytime I put something in those bins I get satisfaction of one less thing spending a lifetime in a landfil! Good luck!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• we do! in our town we can recycle paper , plastics1 and 2, cans and glass
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Last year our city started providing everyone with blue trash cans (I'm in Chicago) for our recyclables. They pick it up the same day as our trash gets picked up just with different blue trucks (our normal garbage trucks are light blue, the recycling trucks are bright blue).
    So we recycle plastic, paper/cardboard and cans. It just all gets dumped into the big blue can in the alley. Makes life easier. I was shocked to see how much recyclable material we were throwing away. Now our inside can for recycling is much bigger then are garbage can and fills up faster. I think we need 2 recycling cans in the alley as opposed to 2 garbage cans that the city allots, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2009