Ever feel like you're just gonna lose it some days?

My girl is especially crabby today - she seems to have her "days" where she is like this and it's out of her ordinary happy silly self. She just cries - HARD - if I simply put her down - so it's not like it's separation anxiety because I haven't taken a step away from her - but I have to set her down to start cooking dinner, go to the BATHROOM, etc!!! I've made sure she's not hungry, thirsty, wet, all the good stuff. I feel I'm losing my patience, and that's really saying a lot for me, I am an extremely patient person. Earlier I actually ran out to my car so I could scream. Is this normal? Do you guys have these days?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I work with 3 year olds Monday through Friday and then I get to come home to my 2 and 5 year old, so yeah, I feel like at least once a week, lol
    Platinum_Mommy

Answer by Platinum_Mommy at 3:36 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• oh yeah I do! and yes its normal. If you didn't feel this way you would be a robot. The key is to take 10 to 15mins to regroup so you can handle what comes for the rest of the day. Take it day by day.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I agree. Totally normal. I usually go over to my mom's and vent like once a month ( or more!! )
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:42 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I agree with the other ladies, its normal....but have you thought that maybe she has her "days" where she just wants to ba a mommies girl? My daughter does that, on those days she just wants me to hold her and pay attention to her constantly, I just give in and put everything else aside and focus on her. It usually only lasts the one day as long as I baby her. Now she is getting to have her "days" where she just wants to be a daddies girl too :) LOL
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 5:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Only on days that end in "y"
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 7:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Thank you girls. I actually did kind of lose it a while ago and I yelled at her for the first time. She kept getting into things she shouldn't and she's just throwing little fits every time I take something away from her that's dangerous (like playing with our phone charger cords - she's obsessed right now with them!) or try to direct her attention elsewhere, (which doesn't work, she goes right back to what she was doing) and she's just impossible today. I yelled at her and I scared her and she cried even harder. I knew deep down that wouldn't help, but I had to release somehow. I should have just gone back out to my car for a minute. I feel like such a terrible mom. I took her immediately to a quiet room and rocked her and nursed her, and now she's sleeping. I no longer fit my definition of a good mom, and ultimately that is my punishment for my behavior.
    Anonymous

• Dont feel bad that u raised ur voice. Once in a while I accidently raise my voice w/o even realizing it but once I have dont it I realize it instantly. I always get to my DD's eye level & apologize to her & explain to her why I am upset (shes only 17 mo so she dont understand but I am practicing for later to always explain things to her rather then doing the "b/c I said so" thing). It is completely normal to just want to release ur frustration, sometimes I simply come into the computer & surf the web for like 10 or 15 mins while shes in her playroom so I can take a moment to breath. We all do things like this. I also agree w/ Love on the fact that sometimes ur DD needs a mommy day where she will want to have extra attention. My DD does this once in a while & yes its kinda annoying to sit the whole entire day & read her books & play but sometimes she simply needs it so I keep this in the back of my mind. Hope u feel better :)
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Thank you, Mel. I was a little worried because when she went to sleep, she was out for the NIGHT - that's not like her. She normally starts the routine about 8pm and is out by 9. Last night she was asleep by 7:30 and did not wake up until midnight! Maybe that was her deal yesterday - just overtired, and also wanted a mommy day.
    Yeah, to get some needed "me time" I usually try to put her in her crib with some toys and get on the computer & talk to my fellow mamas for a few minutes like right now but I almost never have to do it because my nerves are risen to a state like they were yesterday. She is such a sweet girl. I have to realize she's growing and changing and she's HUMAN, and that means bad moods are not out of the question.
    Thank you all for being there for me and supporting me and making me feel like I'm not such a monster. I love you mamas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Jun. 13, 2009