Should your hubby be y'r best friend? should you/I be able to talk about anything?

should I hope for my husband to be my best friend that I can tell him gossip and what ever I feel inside? SHould a wife have girlfriends for gosip and just about anything or must have a grilfriend? in other words what do you talk to y'r hubby about? Should I need an appointment to talk to him? Do you share y'r girly stuff and just about anything? Is there stuff you just don't share w/y'r hubby?

Sincitymamy

Asked by Sincitymamy at 3:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I share everything with my husband. I'm not much of a girly girl, so theres no problem there.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I don't share yucky stuff, such as discharges, icky type of illness, etc, unless it becomes something important. When I came down with the big C I told him that I knew I would need to talk about this, and that I would talk and talk. He said he understood. And I did talk and talk, I needed to hash things out for myself, and I talked over and over. He patiently heard me out and never acted bored. I do talk about most things (except for the yucky stuff exceptions) - things that are on my mind. Sometimes he has suggestions, sometimes he doesn't. I tell him things that amuse me, and things that upset me. He is my best friend.

Answer by Bmat at 3:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i share everything with my husband. we are one soul in two bodies
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 3:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I FEEL I SHOULD BE ABLE TO TALK ABOUT WHAT EVER BOTHERS ME EVEN IF HE THINKS IT'S GOSSIP, I SHOULD FEEL FREE TO GO TO HIM AND JUST LET IT OUT , THE GOOD AND THE BAD NO MATTER WHAT EVEN IF SOME OF IT HE CALLS IT "GOSSIP"...
    Sincitymamy

Answer by Sincitymamy at 3:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• we talk about EVERYTHING...even things that may get awkward or make us mad..we just grit our teeth and do it...usually im the one that ends up mad, lol...but i found that when we started doing that our relationship was sooo much better so i would never want to back track..i tell him anything and everything! i treat him like a girl sometimes with all the gosisp..but he gossips too!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• yes, their are no secrets...i find it retarded when guys tell him something then he tells me and they go hey dude wtf...we are married, our bond is more important..we hide NOTHING.

one time he knew my friend was sleeping around while married.......and he didnt tell me for 2 months. i got pissed because i never hide anything. after that he learned and no secrets....we are best friends, lovers, team mates
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• It may depend on the man, but my husband's eyes start to glaze over when I start talking to him about the "feelings" situations that I can talk to my best girl friends and know that they know exactly what I'm talking about. Men don't feel things the same way women do, and when we vent, we want somebody who knows exactly where we are coming from. My husband will listen, and then he will start to rationally tell me how I should handle the situation. Shoot! I don't want to handle it. I just want the world to know how I feel about it. We have a wonderful marriage, but when I want to blow off steam, I don't go running to him. I call one of three others ladies that I know will just agree with every word I say. I get it off my chest, and when hubby comes home from work, I'm all sweetness and light.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I know I can share everything and for the most part I do. However, he is not interested in the details of my period, or bodily discharges. There are things I share with just my girl friends. I do know however, that I can go to him with anything and I mean anything and he would neer judge. He is open with me as well, but I have on occasion said "ok, that is something you should keep between you and your buddies"
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:33 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• He should be your best friend, but not your only friend. We keep no secrets, but we both know how to say "that's boring me, honey" and not get offended when it's returned later.
    Sarah_Dorian

Answer by Sarah_Dorian at 4:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Ditto, "Sarah Dorian". Very well said!
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 4:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2009