A public worship spot?

does your city have a public place (not a church) where you can worship? example. San Luis CO has a long yet easy walk up a hill of the stations of the cross. Each station you can stop and pray. At the top of the hill you have the most beautiful scenic view of God's creation. I would love to have something like that around here. Do you have any out door public worship spots in your area?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I doubt it. In Ca if you put up anything from any religion on public land people get all upset. It doesn't seem to matter what religion either.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 5:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• That sounds really awesome, but we don't have anything like that around me. At least not that I'm aware of.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• None that are specifically for worship, but we have a small mountain (or really big hill, LOL) called Cougar Mound here that, when you get to the top, has this amazing view. Every time I climb up it I am thankful for God's handiwork.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i guess it is more of a shrine. here is a link. This isn't me, i just found it online
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jimlavin/sets/72057594056307674/
    Anonymous

• we do. in western north carolina. some are technically owned by private communities but we still go!

bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 4:08 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• My Pagan friends and I often use the different parks in and around Lincoln for some of our outdoor rituals.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 4:09 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Not that I am aware of, but that sounds really cool.
    MaryJane849

Answer by MaryJane849 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I would never go to Vegas!

Polo66

Answer by Polo66 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• We've only lived here about 8 months, so I'm not sure if we have anything like that (lots of churches, though) - but it sounds absolutely beautiful.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Whats the difference between that and just going for a walk outdoors, praying as you walk? WHy does there have to be a "specific"spot to worship? I don't get that.
    Isn't the entire earth Gods creation, hence "church"? Why not worship wherever you wish?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2009