How do you tell your husband he's fat?

I've tried everything (well ever nice way I guess) even down to taking him to the doctors. I've seriously done everything but tell him BABE YOUR FAT! He's 26 and has high blood pressure. He's 6 foot and weighs over 300lbs. The doctor literally told him if you don't lose weigh you will die but he refuses to eat healthier or excersize. I asked my mother and she said just keep healthier foods in the house but the he sneaks out and buys junk when I'm no around. I know I'm perfect but I at least try does anyone have any help for me or him however you wann look at it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Health

• Well he already knows the risk factors I'm guessing since you took him to the doctors, so I'd probably say something to the effect of, "I know I promised until death do us part but I was hoping we would have at least 50 years or so." Was he fat when you met him?
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 4:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• have you told him that you are worried about his health and if his kids will have a dad. maybe ask him to take the kids to the park or something where he will have to run around with them and when he complains that he is out of breath that might spark something in him. but he has to want to do it for himself not for someone else, and seems to me if the doc told him he will die w/o losing the weight and that didn't do anything for him you talking to him wont help. maybe he's depressed? i really don't know, it took my husband being told he was on his way to a heart attack, and then the same week our 2 year old wanted to play chase with him and he couldn't play for more than 5 mins, to realize that he did need to lose weight, and that got him started. i had been saying stuff for years as soon as he started gaining too much, and hes navy and they told him to lose weight or get out and he still had to figure it out himself.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• well i would just tell him how much he means to me , and that i didnt want him to be unhealthy. my husband is a bit overwieght but he flucts, just try to get him to eat less carbs and mabie not as much soda.
    guitarmom101

Answer by guitarmom101 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Yes but he has since gained 100 lbs
    Anonymous

• Somehow I am pretty sure he knows he is fat.
    Anonymous

• op here: well of course he does but how do I get him to lose weight so I don't lose him before we are 30
    Anonymous

• threaten him
    Anonymous

• Well if he doesnt want to lose weight he wont..his reasons have to be strong enough.You cant force someone to lose weight,however just keep healthier foods around and encourage excecise as often as possible.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Well... my hubby is 5'8ish and weighs 190... ekk. He blames in on "pregnancy weight gain". LOL. Anyways, even though he's not that tall, he looks good at 170 but we have a goal of 165 for him. I try to tell him his shirt is getting tight and sometimes I squeeze his belly. haha but he knows he could lose some, we both could!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• You have your kids tell him that they want their daddy around forever. All the meals that you make, make them healthy. Go for walks as a family, play games in the yard as a family. Kickball, baseball, running races. Sometimes, nothing you do will work, until the person that needs to change wants to change.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2009