What are good ways to find and make friends?

During my child hood I had friends and now that i am a grown woman I can't seem to befriend anyone. now there is nothing wrong with me as a person, I'm very nice to people. I had one person I tried too be friends with and she turned out to be way out there if you know what i mean and this girl is married just like I am, and that's a turn off for me if you are stupidly crazy or mean I don't deal with you. Any suggestions ladies??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• She should share some interests with you, so children about the same ages usually is a good start- such as the playground, or walking the children, or library story hour. Or if not children, then a hobby that you share and take a class on or join a club for- crochet, for example. Or interest in helping people or community service- volunteer work, the Lions Club, church, scouts. Be around people who share your interests. Keep trying, you'll find someone with enough interests in common with you that you'll talk. Don't push it, keep it mild, suggest that you get coffee, or lunch, or meet at the playground. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 4:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Im gonna follow up on this question..cause i havent a clue myself!
    Anonymous

• Good question. I have always had trouble making friends(female friends) I have a ton of male friends, but its not the same, i can't talk to them about girl things. I guess just try finding some common intrest with people. I know Cafe Mom has groups for moms in different states, maybe you can find other moms in your area on here that share common intrest and are in the same location as you.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 5:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2009