age for umbrella stroller?

is 14 months old still too young for an umbrella stroller? I sat my son in it and tested it out walking around the house and he seemed to fit in it pretty well, but he cant reach the foot rest yet....

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 4:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He's probably almost too big for it, even thought his feet dont reach :) My daughter has used the Umbrella stroller since about 6 months. Not alot, just occationally. She is now almost 18 months and it's too tight for her now.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 4:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• We started at 6 mo. At 2 1/2 she still occasionally uses it.
    valerie0103

Answer by valerie0103 at 5:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Sounds old enough to me. I think we only used the one we have once or twice, the wheels can be so funky on those things... but Im pretty sure that my boys were somewhere around 12 months up when we started using it..
    MamaMulder

Answer by MamaMulder at 5:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• We put our little girl in one when she was 9 months old. She LOVED it. We'll stop using it when it seems uncomfortable for her.
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 8:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• they are old enough once they can sit on their own. feet don't have to touch the foot rest.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 9:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• My daughter is 14 mos. and we just started using one with her. It's very convenient with how small and portable it is. She fits in it fine and is comfortable even tho' she can't reach the foot rest. I'd say go ahead if you've tested it around the house and your son fits well in it.
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 10:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• We bought our now 2yr old an umbrella stroller at 1 yr and she fit great then and still now..My niece is 6 months 14 lbs and uses one and fits good,not geat but good.
    Lindasmama

Answer by Lindasmama at 9:04 AM on Jun. 13, 2009