Is this ok???? Or no???

My husband is supposed to go to his friend's house to hang out tonight. I had a beyond-stressful day (the kids were a nightmare) and I really don't want him to go out tonight. I think he's really looking forward to going though. Is it unfair for me to ask him to stay home? And if I do, will it be worth it? He'll probably just be sulky cuz I made him stay home. :-(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Just let him go. How often does he go out?
    Anonymous

• if you already told him he could, you need to let him go... see if you can find a sitter and go out with your girlfriends for a little while
    mommy2b17MV

Answer by mommy2b17MV at 4:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Let him go. You'll feel better because you'll know you did the loving thing.

Answer by Bmat at 5:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Not worth having a sulky husband around.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• He goes out a couple times a month. He deserves to go out and have a good time. It just sucks when I want him here so badly! He's going to be at his friend's house playing beer pong or whatever and having a good time and I'm gonna be at home. I know I sound ugly and resentful, but i had a rough day. I also feel like I'm not welcome at this friend's house (even though other girls hang out there) and that makes me feel crappier about him going there. I think I'll let him go, but it's gonna be a struggle for me not to act bitchy about it. Errr I need to take a deep breath I think.
    Anonymous

• See if you can arrange a babysitter or send your kids for a sleepover so you can get a break. Don't bother stopping hubby because you had a bad day. You wouldn't appreciate it if he did it to you.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 5:08 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• let him go. ask a friend to come over and help you with the kids, that way its not all on you and you can hang out too.
    BekaBug

Answer by BekaBug at 5:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• As you say, he'll just be sulky, and that's not going to make your day any better, so just let him go. I would maybe tell him you want him to let you sleep in tomorrow or Sunday, or do something else to give you a break this weekend, though, to help with the stress of today.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• get a sitter and go with him

Answer by admckenzie at 5:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Just let him go. You had one bad day, tomorrow it will be better. Ask him to help you pick up or bathe the kids before you go if you want, to make it less for you to do later.
    Anonymous