Did anyone here never try to breastfeed?

if you are pregnant, and no wanting breastfeeding baby.

did anyone else not try, and just feed bottle from birth time? and healthy baby afterward growing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• I only did for about three days, so my daughter might as well never have been breastfed. She's a happy, healthy 5 month old. She has no allergies or anything. I was also formula fed and I have no health problems.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I tried with both my boys but my mom never tried with any of us and my grandmother didn't try with any of her kids either. Everyone grew up to be happy and healthy. My sil tried with two of her kids and they are the more sickly out of the four, go figure.
    Anonymous

• I tried one time (so I really didn't try) and I have a healthy, intelligent and happy 13 year old son. I wasn't breastfeed and neither were 99% of my cousins and we are all happy, healthy, intelligent adults. I know more kids that were bf that are sick, than ff kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• My kids were all formula fed from day one, they are now 9, 10, 16 & 21. They are all happy and healthy. They have rarely been sick and only my youngest has an allergy and that's to nickel which has nothing to do with feeding her formula.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I never tried it. I was on a medication that wasn't compatible with bf, and it was the only one my insurance would cover. Go figure. So he was bottlefed from day 1, and really, he would've had to anyway being lactose intollerant(he was put on soy at 7 weeks, and is on lactose free milk now at 2 1/2).
    britngavin

Answer by britngavin at 7:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I tried for about a month, before it became apparent that my health issues were making it impossible to nourish her properly. God I LOVED it!!!!! I loved that "let down" feeling when she was latch onto my breast. It was a peaceful feeling that I'll never forget.

I do practice "bottle nursing", and even though there's no "let-down" sensation, I feel just as close to my daughter.

Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i never tried, my mom never tried, and neither did my in-laws, we all turned out alright
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I never tried. I made a personal decision not to try. My son was formula fed since day one. He is very intelligent for his age. He is hardly ever sick. Has no allergies. I was also formula fed and I am just fine.
    Babydoll1015

Answer by Babydoll1015 at 12:34 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I did with my second child because I had such a negative experience with my first child that the bad memories were still stuck in my head. I regret the decision now, but know I did the right thing because of my emotional state back then.
    When I was pregnant with my third child I decided that I wanted to give it another try so I prepared myself through education and support groups before I gave birth. I gave birth in a breast-feeding supportive hospital that provided me with a lactation nurse to guide me and I had a wonderful experience.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:55 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• The World Health Organization, operating without the influences of the dairy, formula and porn industries (unlike American doctors) recommends breastfeeding for a minimum of 24 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2009