When did you put your baby to sleep in their own room?

My son is almost 3 months and he has been sleeping in his pack and play bassinet in our room since he was born. I was wondering when its a good time to introduce my son to sleeping in his own room?

Dylansmom32509

Asked by Dylansmom32509 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A good time to do it is while they are still young enough to not realize the difference... meaning NOW! lol. If you do it early enough it is a much easier transition. We moved our daughter and 3 months. Not one problem. Took her passi and 9 months. No problems. Traded bottles for sippies at 10 months... again no problems. My motto is... make whatever change is going to need made before they realize they are hooked on whatever it is! Its worked so far but maybe we just got lucky with our kid I don't know haha... Good luck!
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 8:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I think they say that babies become more aware of their surroundings and are more likely to notice a major change like that around 16 weeks. So we moved our first daughter at about 3 months. Our second it was about 4 months... I guess there wasn't a marked difference, though.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 5:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• i moved both of mine at 3 months
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 5:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Two months. :) We alllllll slept better.
    Anonymous

• We did from the moment we came home... but his room is right next to ours... I don't think I would have if he was down the hall.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• Second night home from the hospital! I couldn't sleep with her in my bedroom because I would hear every little noise she made and it would wake me up. So I figured in order to get the most amount of sleep possible (which isn't very much with a newborn in the first place) I would put her in her own crib in her own room. We've never had a problem.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• 41/2 months.
    smb87

Answer by smb87 at 5:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• oh my god! My son is 3 1/2 YEARS old, and I still cant get him to sleep in his OWN room. He says hes scared, but he has a nitelight, I stay in there and read to him til he falls asleep, but he ALWAYS ends up waking up and coming to our bedroom instead! Sorry I have no advice for you, well...just this one bit I guess....whatever you do, or however you do it, do it soon!!! hahaha, or they'll sleep in your rroom foreeeeevvvveeeerrr!!!!
    LilMomma1229

Answer by LilMomma1229 at 8:12 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• 6 months. Its my first one & I still ocassionally nap w/ him.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 11:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2009