Culinary Circle sells pre-cooked dinners in refridgerated cases

I tried Beef Lasagna and it tasted like it came from a itallian restruant it was so good.They have other meals like,chicken enchiladas,oriental chicken,BBQ turkey meatloaf,spaghetti and meat balls and more.One meal serves four people but with the Lasagna I would get two in case people want seconds.I've only tried the Lasagna so I don't know what the others taste like but I bought 4 of them at 5.99 each and I know I won't be slaving over the stove anytime soon and I'm giving my family a delicious and nutritious meal well within restruant quality and taste.I got mine at Albertsons grocery store but you can check if they are at your store.They also are lower in sodium and beat salty t.v. dinners and canned foods.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 5:08 PM on Jun. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Actually I just tried the spaghetti and meatballs and gave it to my daughter for dinner she loves it.It has the same restruant quality spaghetti sauce taste like the Lasagna,I thought that was my favorite,now I have two.Making nutritious and delicious meals is so much easier now and finally we can stop going to those pricey italian restruants.The meatballs have a garlic parmasean sausge taste which makes them so outstounding.You can cook them in the microwave or oven.I emptied the contents and cooked them on the stove because my oven was getting cleaned, just another reason to try them.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 6:25 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• For more information on this check out; http://www.culinary circle.com/store locator/.It says there's not one in California but there's one in my city of orange county.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 10:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2009

• I looked at the website, and they don't list ingredients or nutritionals. In general, frozen meals are loaded with HFCS and MSG and other forms of sodium. You can cook and freeze lasagne on the weekends and have freezer meals for your family.
    This recipe is from the Flyladies. I add a can of black beans, and use about 1/2 the cheese:
    Five Minute Lasagna
    1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
    1 (30 ounce) bag frozen large cheese ravioli, unthawed
    1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
    1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella, shredded
    1/2 cup Romano cheese, grated

Answer by rkoloms at 10:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2009

• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13-x-9-inch baking dish and spoon in about 1/3 of the sauce. Arrange 12 of the raviolis on top; then evenly lay all the spinach over the top of the raviolis. Top that with half of each cheese. Now cover with another layer of raviolis, the remaining sauce and the remaining cheese. Tent with foil (don't let cheese touch the foil or it will stick) and bake 25 minutes; then uncover it and bake for 5 to 10 minutes more until bubbly.

• check the fat content and the calories on those frozen food boxes. The sodium usually makes me run from the frozen food section screaming!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:16 PM on Jun. 13, 2009

• I think the lasagna had 7gr.fat, 250 mg. of sodium which is super low compared to t.v. dinners,and everything else was low,which I don't know how they did that because the taste and quality is out of this world!I've tried the BBQturkey meatloaf and it kinda tasted like the sausage meatballs, so it was so delicious.Everytime you eat one of these dinners,it's like you just bought take-out at your favorite restruant.I'm reading from the chicken enchilada package and it says nothing about msg or hfcs,just wholesome natural ingredients,there is some perservatives in it but that's with everything.Has anybody seen these at their store?
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 3:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2009